Under direct supervision of a licensed Nurse or other professional medical staff in a health care setting, performs a variety of clerical and health-related duties associated with patient care; performs related work.
Examples of Typical Tasks:
1. Checks vital signs, weights and measures patients, obtains specimens and records findings on patient chart.
2. Instructs patients on how to obtain specimens for laboratory testing and performs basic specimen screening testing through dipstick and hemoccult.
3. Prepares collected specimens for pick-up by labeling and preparing required form(s). Picks-up lab results.
4. Performs vision and hearing testing and simple urinalysis.
5. Administers emergency first aid, including basic life support procedures.
6. Performs simple first aid such as dressing changes, bandaging and cleansing of wounds, irrigation and cleansing of ears.
7. Prepares patient for examination and assists medical provider during examination by providing necessary supplies/equipment.
8. Prepares examining room for examination including cleaning and sterilizing instruments and equipment.
9. Informs patients on proper preparation for various medical testing.
10. Conducts interview of client to obtain routine personal and medical information and appropriate health history.
11. Maintains, completes, processes and files patients charts, appropriate forms and documents.
12. Reports observations of patient to medical staff caring for patient to ensure professional assessment.
13. Answers routine inquiries of patients in person or via telephone and makes appropriate referrals.
14. Participates in informing patients and their families of health care services and achieving healthful, safe living.
15. Maintains inventory of the units equipment stock and supplies.
16. Works effectively as a team member in the delivery of care and assists in the orientation of new employees.
17. Directs and escorts patients to other hospital departments and/or facilities, as needed.
18. Coordinates efforts of various clinic and facility departments in scheduling and rebooking appointments through manual and/or automated systems and enters pertinent patient information into hospital data systems.
19. Obtains blood specimens for laboratory testing by performing venipuncture and/or finger stick testing.
20. Operates electrocardiograph equipment to record electrical wave tracing of the electrical currents of the heart muscle. Please call (212) 548-7131 to speak with your recruiter. You can email your resume to email@example.com